It is mandatory to have your ignition interlock device installed by an authorized, trained technician at an authorized service center. Here, they are qualified and certified to install ignition interlock devices and will demonstrate how they function. Clear2Drive™ (C2D) is a leading interlock provider. You can be certain that every installation in the C2D network is qualified and that our device fits the criteria of your state. Find a C2D authorized Service Center near you and we can install your interlock device in no time.
Interlock installation is a simple operation. A ride to our location is something you should think about. If your driving privileges are suspended, you’ll have to rely on them to transport yourself and your vehicle to the interlock installation location. Depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle, installation should take between one and two hours. You may either drop your vehicle off and return it when it’s ready, or you can wait on-site.
When you arrive for your appointment, the professionals will begin installing the device. Once they have done so, they will assist with the following:
- Provide IID installation documentation required by your state. In many places, DUI offenders must provide confirmation that their interlock device has been installed in order to restore driving privileges. C2D handles this for you by providing documentation that you may submit to your monitoring authority. C2D may also alert the state electronically that the device has been installed.
- Details about calibration and maintenance. In addition to your installation appointment, you will visit the C2D service center on a regular basis to get your ignition interlock device calibrated. Depending on your state’s regulations, you’ll need to get the device calibrated every 30 to 90 days.
- Interlock Device Mouthpieces. If you need additional mouthpieces for our ignition interlock devices, please contact your Clear2Drive service center. In general, you should keep spare mouthpieces in your glove compartment. To keep your equipment hygienic, replace the mouthpiece after calibrations or every 30 days. In addition, if someone else needs to drive your car while your ignition interlock device is installed, you should provide a clean mouthpiece. This is notably true during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the cold and flu season.
- What happens if you fail ignition interlock tests? When you fail a breath alcohol content (BrAC) test, you will be locked out. A lock-out is a state-mandated feature that prohibits you from starting your car if your BrAC is higher than the permissible level. The service center technician will explain what you need to do in this circumstance in accordance with the regulations of your state. Some states require you to wait before taking another BrAC test which is called a temporary lockout.
What to Ask Your Ignition Interlock Installer
Here is a list of eight things to ask your interlock installer before you leave the shop:
- How do I set up my device?
- Could you please explain random retests to me?
- What is the countdown to restart?
- Do I need to schedule a calibration appointment?
- How much do my calibrations cost?
- What are your hours of operation, and are you open on weekends?
- Can I obtain more mouthpieces here if I need them?
Clear2Drive™ Simplifies Interlock Installation
C2D recognizes how time-consuming and difficult it is to be charged with drunk driving. We make IID installation simple. Call our state experts at 855-261-3944 for additional information on a C2D ignition interlock device.